Monday, October 1, 2007
film review #1
The film I am choosing to review is a foreign film called Pan's Labyrinth (directed by Guillermo del Toro). This movie is about a girl named Ofelia (Ivana Baquero) who is trying to get back to the underworld where she is a princess. This film is filled with fantasy, special effects, horror and violence. This film was produced by Picture House productions and the screen play was written by Guillermo del Toro. The special effects of this film were amazing. They were created by Reyes Abades. My opinion of this film was that the story line was made for children but at the same time some of the diolague and action sequences aren't appropriate for children. I also thought that the story line ended up taking the viewer no where in the hour and fifty-nine minutes which it takes to view the film. This film takes place in spain in the year 1944 which is right after the Spanish civil war. the main conflict of this film is the war between the socialists and the Gorilla soldiers. Overall I was expecting something quite a bit different than what this film turned out to be. I would suggest watching this film but i dont think you would need to see it more than once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I felt exactly the same way after i saw it! The movies so much different than you'd think. It is one of those movies that kind of takes it out of you after its viewing. Great movie though and full of symbolism
yeah, me too! I didn't really expect it to be so oddly childish- and yet very intense. Most of the film was bearable but the ending was brutal.
Post a Comment